WHAT TO EXPECT:
I know the equipment looks a little intimidating and it can be tough to start a new workout program. No worries! Our instructors are very nice, with only enough of a mean streak to be sure you get a good workout.
• Wear something comfortable to move around in. It’s not necessary that you wear a spandex unitard unless that’s really what you want to do. A t-shirt or tank top and comfy pants usually works. Shorts are fine too, just make sure all your bits are covered. You will either be barefoot or in socks for your workout, so plan accordingly.
• We have a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you have a scheduled appointment that you need to change to a different time or cancel altogether, make sure you let us know at least 24 hours in advance or you will be charged for your session. We will be asking you to pay in advance or leave us a credit card number to hold your reservation, but we promise to not go on a shopping spree with it.
• If you are attending a mat class, we encourage you to bring your own mat. If you don’t have one, we’re happy to loan you one for your first class. After that, we will have limited mats available for rental at the bargain price of $1.
• Arrive early for your first session. There is a short form to fill out so leave a few minutes to get organized in order to start your session on time. (you can also download these forms and bring them with you)
-Don’t worry, you’re going to love it!
Ideal ways to behave so people don’t get mad at you:
• 24 hour cancellation policy: If you have a scheduled session that you need to change or cancel, you must let us know at least 24 hours in advance by phone or in person or you will be charged for your session. There are no exceptions! (That includes traffic problems, flat tire, hair appointments, tv schedules...everything). Please don’t ask to be the exception to the rule, because that makes me sad.
• Turn off cell phones in the studio. Let’s focus, people.
• No perfume.
• No pets. I love my pets and would gladly bring them in if I could. If you have separation anxiety, I understand completely....bring a photo instead.
• All class packages are non-refundable and non-transferable. So, choose wisely!
• Wear something you can move around in. No jeans or fancy things with rhinestones. You will be barefoot or in socks.
• We encourage you to bring your own mat for mat and yoga classes. If you don’t have one, we have a few available for $1 rental.
• Parking. We have a few spaces in the back of the studio, and there is street parking. It can get crowded around the studio, so plan to arrive early and remember that you’re coming to work out so it won’t hurt to walk a block...or ride your bike!!! (bike racks are in front of the studio)
How long is a private Pilates session? Pilates mat class?
All sessions are 55 minutes long.
Do the instructors know how to work with a person with injuries?
Each session is tailored to fit your individual needs and our teachers are well-aquainted with modifications to avoid bothersome injuries and, in some cases, help to relieve pain or correct the issue entirely.
When is the studio open for private sessions?
We are open by appointment Monday through Saturday. Sessions can be scheduled as early as 7am and as late as 8pm during the week. We close a bit earlier on Friday and Saturday, but feel free to request your desired time and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
What is the level of the Pilates mat class?
The classes are for all levels so you're encouraged to be aware of your body and rest as needed during the classes. It's helpful to take an introductory private session before you jump into a class because there are some basic positions and verbal cues that will make the group classes more productive for you. There is a learning curve, so don't worry if it doesn't all gel completely in your first attempt!
What do I need to bring to my private session or mat class?
If you're coming to a mat class, bring your own mat or you can rent one at the studio for $1. Other than that, we'll provide everything you need!
What should I wear?
Wear something comfortable. Most people choose a tank top or tshirt and sweats or yoga type pants. Avoid anything too draped or too short! No shoes are necessary, you'll be either barefoot or in socks.
How long do I have to use my sessions or classes after purchasing a series?
Packages of classes are good for a year from the date of purchase.
I've just found out I'm pregnant. Can I start Pilates?
It's best to stick with the same activities you enjoyed before your pregnancy. If you've been doing Pilates, feel free to continue but do let your instructor know so modifications can be added for safety.
Where do I park?
There is metered parking on Colorado and a lot behind the studio. There's also parking on the side streets just beware of the street cleaning exceptions! Even better, ride your bike! There are bike racks out front.
Do I need to call to reserve a spot in the mat or yoga classes?
Nope. It's best to show up a little early to get a spot. If it's your first time in the studio, leave extra time to fill out your release form before class.
Do I always book with the same instructor?
That's totally up to you. A lot of people like the different perspectives that come with learning from a variety of instructors.If you're flexible with instructors, it's more likely you'll get your desired appointment time. However, if you find one person that is a perfect fit for you, we'll do what we can to accommodate you.
How often should I come in?
That depends on your goals and what you do outside of class. Everyone is different, so talk to your instructor to find out the best situation for you. Some people start at twice a week and then mix it up from there. You have the option to add in mat classes to supplement the work you do in private sessions, and the instructors love giving homework exercises but it's up to you to do them!